Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thank you Dr. Sarah!!

I went to the dermatologist today for the first time. I saw the WONDERFUL Dr. Sarah Alexander Haydel. If you live in the Houma area and need a dermatologist, call Dr. Sarah. (See her website www.haydeldermatology.com). She is so sweet and considerate. She listened to every question I had and gave complete answers. I am beyond impressed!
So, at my appointment today I had the Visia Complexion Analysis. Whoa! They basically photograph your face and map out the bad stuff and it allows Dr. Sarah to customize a skin care plan especially for you! My photo showed lots of REDNESS! (Not many wrinkles, thank goodness!) I have rosacea. Basically, when I blush, you can see it from the moon! Also alcohol, sun and spicy foods turn me beet red! It gets really warm and quite uncomfortable. Dr. Sarah recommended a laser process called BBL, done by their Sciton Laser. I am very excited and very curious if this will rid me of my redness. This is something that has caused embarrassment for me my entire life. The only "catch" is that I have to avoid the sun and hot hot showers for the duration of the treatments. I think I can handle that!!
Also, I had to say goodbye to a good friend of mine today... the mole on my shoulder! I had a rather large mole on my shoulder that Dr. Sarah decided I needed to part ways with. After having it there for 28 years, I actually paused!! Then I came to my senses and let her remove the mole right then! FYI-It wasn't bad. She numbed the spot and just scraped it right off. Just a slight pinch! It is being sent for biopsy. Kinda scary, but I'm sure everything will be fine.
Thank you Dr. Sarah!!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to show her this post! I am sure she would love it. Glad she could help you.

    ReplyDelete