Monday, February 9, 2009

Just me!

Hi! My name is Mary and welcome to my blog!
I am a typical 28 year old.
I am happily unmarried, living with my boyfriend of almost 4 years, John, and our two dogs, Monty, who is a Papillion and Maddux, who is a Cocker Spaniel.
I have a great job with a local lifestyle magazine, Point of Vue.
I am from the South, where all things are stylish and proper. I was born and raised in Houma, LA where my parents believed in manners, cloth napkins, and real china at a real sit down dinner time every night.
I actually attended charm school. We walked with books on our heads and learned which fork to eat with!
I love big families, mine most of all!
I have an addiction to shoes. (Yes, it's sad, I know, the choice "Do I eat or BUY SHOES!")
I have trouble going a week without going to Target.
I love coffee. (Luckily our Starbucks is right next to Target!!)
I secretly love deadlines.
I fantasize about being a chef.
I don't like making decisions. (I flip a coin, even at resturants.)
I am a worrier and an over-analyzer.
I am fascinated by my niece, Lola. She is amazing and so happy and full of life! She is 2 by the way, and I'm sure will be the subject of many posts!
Music moves me. I sing in the shower and think I sound pretty darn good. (At least the dogs don't howl!)
I would love to meet Jim Cantore and Gregory House, M.D.
I watch Grey's Anatomy alone because I cry. A lot.
I have this obsession with taking self portraits. They are just soo funny!
I like to make silly faces
I check PostSecret every week.
I find the word "potential" to be very misleading.
I have wanted to start a blog for quite a bit now, but am afraid no one will read it!
I love to buy greeting cards! I can sit for hours laughing to myself trying find the perfect card.
Just so you know what I'm watching, my TV lineup subject to season includes 24, House, Fringe, American Idol, the new 90210, all CSI's, Criminal Minds, America's Next Top Model, So You Think You Can Dance, Wipeout, Nip/Tuck, Lipstick Jungle, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and I think thats it.
Thank goodness for DVR!!
I love to read! I get angry with myself for reading too fast.
I cry for good books too (Hello Marley and Me, The Last Lecture, and Where the Red Fern Grows!!!!)
My biggest vice is magazines! I love InStyle!
I've gotten to where I logon to people.com every morning!

I have decided that I will always let you know what shoes I am wearing while blogging and perhaps eventually figure out how to include a picture! Todays shoe of choice is by Jessica Simpson from the Fall 08 line, Parigi in the Anaconda print. Yes, they have 5" heels and I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment