Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dancing with the... Where are the Stars?

I feely admit to watching Dancing with the Stars... when there are people on that I want to watch! I don't vote. I just like seeing the cast progress in their dance skills. And I like the costumes. I sit around and wish I could move like that, or have a body like that. (Yes, I know, get my fat ass off the sofa and DO SOMETHING about it!). I am very disappointed in this year's cast. From US Weekly:

The new Dancing with the Stars cast was announced Sunday.
Competing this season:

Lawrence Taylor- The former NFL star, 50, played his entire career as a linebacker for the New York Giants.

Belinda Carlisle- The singer, 50, was the lead vocalist and founding member of the 80s band The Go-Go's.

Shawn Johnson- The 17-year-old Olympic-gold-medal-winning gymnast is the youngest DWTS competitor in the show's history.

Denise Richards- After a contentious divorce from Charlie Sheen, the 37-year-old actress and mother of two daughters got her own reality show, Denise Richards: It's Complicated.

Lil' Kim- The Grammy Award winning rapper, 33, spent 10 months in jail in 2006 for lying to a federal grand jury.

Gilles Marini- The actor is best known for playing Kim Cattrall's sexy -- and predominantly naked -- neighbor in 2008's Sex and the City movie.

Steve-O- The daredevil performer, 34, showcased ridiculous stunts on MTV's Jackass and the spinoff Wildboyz.

Steve Wozniak- Nicknamed "The Woz" by ex Kathy Griffin, the computer engineer, 58, co-founded the Apple computer company with Steve Jobs.

Jewel- The singer-songwriter, 34 - who became a household name in 1995 with her song "Who Will Save Your Soul" - has released seven albums.

Ty Murray- The former rodeo cowboy, 39, is married to fellow contestant Jewel.

David Alan Grier- The actor, 53, came to fame on In Living Color and currently hosts the Comedy Central sketch news show, Chocolate News.

Chuck Wicks- The country singer is currently dating fellow crooner and two-time DWTS champion Julianne Hough. Wicks, 29, will be paired up with the professional dancer this season.

Nancy O'Dell- The entertainment journalist currently serves as the co-host of Access Hollywood with Billy Bush. O'Dell, 42, also hosted NBC's pre-show for the 2009 Golden Globe Awards in January.

I'm not sure about you, but I predict the lowest ratings in history. Is this going to run in a time slot opposite American Idol? (I'm pitiful, but I still like Idol and voted for David Cook since day 1. Everyone in my office made fun of me!)
And the kicker- my grandmothers and their friends are the biggest fans of the show! But they hate not knowing who the contestants are! I think they may know... NOBODY!! I have a bad feeling about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment