Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend to be thankful for!

My Friday, Saturday and Sunday were full of things I am thankful for!

Friday night John and I met our friend Malcom at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. He was in town with his school's basketball team. It was great to be able to visit with him. I am thankful for the friends God has placed in my and John's life.

Saturday, my mom's family came to town to help paint my grandmother's house. Nanny couldn't remember the last time that her house was washed, much less painted. So Mom, Dad, Aunt Donna, Kimberly, Kristen, Brett, Ricky, Michael, Skippy, Ed, Blair, Sunny, John and I pitched in, picked up a paintbrush and joined in the fun. I have never laughed so hard in my life. The work was hard, but my most sore part was my tummy from laughing.

I am thankful for my family. It is an amazing thing that we can all come together for two days to paint a house. We all get along. No one stands out. No one fights. No one argues. We smile and laugh and visit and make fun of Mom singing Christmas carols. I am thankful for the amazing memories we are making as a family with my 81 year old grandmother. This is a special time that I will always remember.

Saturday night, we went to Presentation for Hyacinthians and it was announced that I will be a Maid for the 2011 carnival season. I am thankful for the opportunity that was given to me by Freda. It is going to be a great Mardi Gras. Seeing the tears in her eyes was priceless and I am thankful to be a part of her reign as Queen.

Have a great Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment