Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I believe

I believe.

Much more than just words on a page, it’s a sentiment in my heart.

The holidays are such a hectic time. So much to do, so little time to get it done. I’ve got to trim the tree, hang lights on the house, get the family to smile for the perfect picture for our card, mail all those dang cards, shop for presents, wrap the presents, keep the dogs from drinking all the water from the Christmas tree, hustle to make it to mass on time, remember to put
everyone’s presents in the car, visit with this family, visit with that family…pass the paper bag! I’m hyperventilating already!

This year I’m choosing to do things a little more simply. No big decorations, just a small tree with our treasured and meaningful ornaments. No lights on the house, just a wreath on the door. Christmas cards will be sent, but with tidings of great joy. Presents will still be given, but more will be homemade (or home-baked) this year. And special care will be taken to make it to mass, where I can listen to the Christmas message and remember the reason for the season.

Most of all, I will continue to believe in the spirit of Christmas. That special feeling that comes when families gather and make memories, relive old traditions and start a few new ones, and smile as you put out the cookies for Santa.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment