Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wednesday, Nov. 17

Since Wednesday was press day, aka Crunch Time x2, I didn't get to blog. In fact, I confess, the blog didn't even cross my mind. Looking back though, I know what I was thankful for yesterday.

My job as editor of Point of Vue Magazine.

Really. I'm not just kissing ass; my bosses don't even know I have a blog.

My job is probably one of the most fun jobs there is in the world. Part of what makes it the best are the people I work with. When the day turns into night and we are all still here, it helps to have people around you that understand you and get you. Stuff can get pretty silly, fast. It helps to be able to laugh at one another.

Also have I mentioned I get paid to do something I really love? How cool is that! I have always enjoyed reading and writing. I always listed it first under Any Hobbies? Never in my wildest dreams would I ever have imagined that it would one day become my job.

I get to be as free and creative as I like. I have a whole space to write an editor's note, that it turns out people love to read. I get to meet and visit with super cool people, and write stories about them. We have an amazing team of freelance writers, columnists and photographers that help make this a cool product.

It has been such a blessing to be involved in the magazine from it's 5th issue, over 3 years ago. Having worked in sales first to help build the magazine up to where it is today...thankful barely begins to describe it. I look forward to the many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment