Thursday, February 17, 2011

If We Were Neighbors

If we were neighbors, the wonderful kind that enjoys coffee as much as I do, I would expect you to come over every morning and join me for a cup or 6. With my handy, dandy new Keurig coffee-making machine, you can chose a new flavor for every cup. And if we were close neighbors, like I know we would be, you would love the fact that I have a million choices for a single cup of coffee and love the fact that I can change my mind with every cup.

Today's conversation would have started off very casual, chatting about the weather and this easy warming trend. I know you are just as ready as I am to see those first little signs of spring. My flip-flop collection is screaming my name.

We would chat about the dogs that by now are running in circles around us as we sit in my backyard. Our newest member, Winnie, is a sweet foster from the local animal shelter. She is super high energy, but so lovable. We would discuss my concerns for her and where she will end up. After 4 weeks, she is starting to become a part of the family. As much as I know we can't keep her, she is not the right dog for our family, she has worn away my outer shell and is snuggling close to my heart.

We would talk about Mardi Gras and John's tableau that is this Saturday night. You would inquire about my dress, tell me of course I don't look fat, and compliment my fantastic shoes. We would talk about my tableau that is getting closer by the minute and discuss my anxiety about having to be presented in front of all those people. I am so worried that I may trip, or forget where I am going or what I'm supposed to do or whatever strange and embarrassing thing I am obsessing over at that minute.

We would talk about family and those we love most. About our boyfriends, husbands, children, etc. The more we would talk, the more we realize that God has truly blessed us with people in our lives that love and care for us.

This morning we would also chat about the magazine. Today is our final working press day and it can get kinda hectic. I would share with you my excitement about today. I love seeing all our hard work come together. The finished product always amazes me. Somedays I can still hardly believe that this is my job. It is so much fun!

We would smile and hug and say goodbye, even if it is only for a day. And I would know that I am blessed to have a neighbor like you.


No comments:

Post a Comment