Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Vue from the Trenches

Each month I write an editor's note of sorts. It is entitled "The Vue from the Trenches". Very fitting, I assure you. I am attaching it here so you can see what I have been up to the last couple of months! Now that I am the editorial assistant, I am busy writing for PoV and have very little time left to write and blog about personal things. I am very sorry to anyone who actually enjoyed reading my ramblings! Feel free to pick up a magazine and check me out there!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

OCTOBER 2009

Hi! My name is Mary, and I am the new editorial sssistant. Some of you may know me from the marketing and sales side of PoV. I started with the magazine over 2 years ago selling advertising and writing a story here and there. This July I was asked to move over to the production side of PoV to help Bonnie on an everyday basis with the general running of Houma’s most popular magazine. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance!

Being raised in the South and knowing the importance of a first impression, I have decided to properly introduce myself to you ... PoV style!

15 THINGS ABOUT ME:

  • I actually attended charm school. We walked with books on our heads, learned which fork to eat with and had a tea party for graduation.
  • I am a bona fide slob and a pack rat.
  • I have a very mischievous Papillion named Monty. If he would use his powers for good instead of evil, I think he could save the world.
  • I don’t like making decisions. (I flip a coin, even at restaurants. I have an app for that.)
  • I watch “Grey’s Anatomy” alone because I cry.
    A lot.
  • I love to read! (I cry for good books, too.)
  • I have an addiction to shoes.
  • I find the word “potential” to be very misleading.
  • I have never seen a James Bond movie.
  • I have had gray hair since I was 16.
  • When my 60 year old house creaks, it scares me. I may still believe there is a monster under my bed, too.
  • I believe that chocolate and peanut butter belong together.
  • I have broken my leg and my collar bone.
  • I once set off the fire alarm in my apartment while boiling water.
  • I am a worrier and an over analyzer

No comments:

Post a Comment