Monday, March 30, 2009

Puddle of Wonder

Last Thursday and Friday we had some pretty hard rain. Parts of Houma actually had about 12 inches of rain. We were very lucky, where we live drains very fast. So while we had lots of lightening and hail and rain Thursday night, the water had receded by Friday afternoon.
As you know, we have two dogs. Both are inside dogs and big babies. If it is wet outside, you usually have to bribe them into going outside. Friday was different. They were ready to go, tired of being stuck in the house!
I had my camera on me because I was planning to take some fun pictures of my cool new rainboots in the water puddles. The only puddle was on the backside of our yard and Monty beat me to it.
Now, he never did actually get IN the puddle, but he sure looked like he was determined to catch something that was in it! I swear, I looked, there was ziltch in the puddle for the exception of a few leaves. No buggies, no worms, no crawfish, no nuthin. Maybe it was just calling out to him. He reminded me of a cat going fishing! Being the good mother I am, of course I took pictures! All the blogs I read are moms telling fun stories about their children. Moms: Enjoy a story about my son and his fun day with a puddle!!







1 comment:

  1. dogs are kids too you know...at least in my house they are!

    ReplyDelete