Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September's Vue from the Trenches

Ohhh...ughh...Yes, you heard correctly. Those are the sounds of me growing older. This September I become a member of the 30-year-old club. Yeouch! I can remember when turning 30 seemed so far away. I used to think surely I would turn 30, become an adult and
magically have the secrets of life figured out.

*Fast-forward to present day.*

While I will greet my birthday with happiness and health, while cheering the Saints on to a season-opening victory, life is still a mystery to me. But, oh what a beautiful mystery it is! I love waking every day, never sure what God has in store for me.

We have the honor of sharing with you in PoV this month, the story of Mr. Louis Lee, who on his September birthday will be 100 years young. Suddenly, my turning thirty seems to be just a small milestone when you look at the bigger picture. I only hope to live my life as fully as he has lived his.

No comments:

Post a Comment