Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Father's Day

There is a rather popular Twitter account online in which a young man documents things his 74-year-old dad says. He is up to 1,342,725 followers and has just published his first book. If I would have known writing down things my dad says would make me rich, I would have started years ago!

Fathers seem to love to give advice to their children, and my dad is no exception. Some of his best ones are:
• “You can’t expect to soar with the eagles if you stay out all night with the owls.”
• “You have to know where you’ve been, to know where you are, to understand where
you’re going.”
• And my personal favorite, “Ask your mother.”

And even though the man is full of advice and one-liners, I think I have learned more life lessons just by watching him. Dad, you have taught me to lead by example, to strive to make a difference and to be thankful for the blessings I have in my life. Happy Father’s Day, Dad. I love you, Huntie! PoV

No comments:

Post a Comment