Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tuesday, Nov. 16 - small businesses

Ok, so we are going to call this post Tuesday, because even though I paused to think about what I was thankful for...I forgot to blog about it. (It's truly been a crazy week.)

Tuesday, I am thankful for small businesses.

I love small mom and pop stores, where the shop owners know your name, know your shopping style (don't bug me when I'm shopping. I'm a big girl and know what I like. I'll holler if I need help.) and will actually remember to call you when something you like comes in.

On Tuesday, I went to Cherry Books, a locally owned book store in Thibodaux, to get my dad a Christmas present. They regularly host book signings by an impressive amount of local authors. Last week mom and I went to get my Christmas present, Holly Clegg's new cookbook, signed. It's an amazing little place. If you ever get the chance to stop in, please do so. They have a great children's book selection and reading area. Story times are loads of fun too.

Small businesses are definitely the way to go these day. I have made some really good friends shopping locally. And small stores and boutiques will usually fess up about sales and kick some great deals your way. After all, they know their customers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment